Microsoft released the RC of Windows Embedded Standard 7. This next generation of Windows Embedded is based on Windows 7 and will be launched on April 27, 2010. From this date on, it is possible to purchase licenses. In this course, wou will become familiar with the new development and deployment tools.
Participants are invited to bring their own hardware for the labs. In this context, the probability to take home a complete prototype image will be more than 90%. In any case, the problems with the customer-specific hardware in Windows Embedded Standard 7 will be dealt with.
Requirements for devices:
- Ethernet port (TCP/IP)
- IDE interface, Disc Drive > 10 GB + CD-Rom, Target
- BOOT Device (such as Flash, etc.)
- all needed cables, adapters and drivers
- keyboard, mouse
- Provide an introduction to all Windows Embedded Toolkit tools and technologies
- Provide practical experience with all Windows Embedded Toolkit tools and technologies
- Create complete working Windows Embedded Standard 7 operating systems
- Provide practical experience with Feature Sets and Packages
- Create Configurations using Templates
- Understand the Windows Embedded Standard "Image Builder Engine"
- Provide a foundation for future professional development
- Gain enough knowledge to be able to ask educated questions and to participate in various forums
Proficiency Using the Windows Interface; Good understanding of Windows Client installation and administration; General Knowledge of computer hardware; Familiarity with Windows Registry; Some programming experience could be helpful
System designer and developer, who want to get in touch with Windows Embedded Standard 7